- Artspace Lofts eyes Amityville for new developmentPosted 4 days ago
- Amityville/Copiague to share up to $14.1m in NY Rising FundsPosted 215 days ago
- Comptrollers report a wake up call for AmityvillePosted 226 days ago
- Trustees, residents reveal beach refurbishment planPosted 243 days ago
- Brunswick Site Proposal Unveiled at HearingPosted 308 days ago
- Revitalization committee members chosenPosted 343 days ago
- Amityville residents meet Destination LIPosted 355 days ago
- Destination LI meeting with residents-October 1stPosted 361 days ago
- Revitalization Committee FormingPosted 362 days ago
- 23 Merrick Rd business submits building planPosted 364 days ago
Who remembers.. Zahn’s Airport?
We were doing a little Google maps sleuthing and saw a reference to Zahn’s airport. Out of nowhere, we googled and then found this gem of a website by a man who is a Zahn’s airport buff and historian. He is actually re creating the airport in 3d. There is a wealth of photos and videos and it appears the airport was on what is now the property of Queen of the Rosary Academy in North Amityville.